Another short but sweet weekend away with 2 of my girls. This is my third time to Barcelona yet it still excites me to know it will be sunny and the temperature will definitely be in double figures. The art of Gaudi, tapas, amazing architecture, cool shops, super friendly people and the yummy bad ass Mojito’s is what I love!
Again I tend to walk as much as I eat (which was a lot) with my little toe just about able to take the last few steps with the fiction of my new Nike trainers rubbing on it which makes walking just about bearable. Walking in Barcelona is amazing with every other building just as unique and beautiful as the next.
Our apartment was an absolute dream. Again rented from Airbnb which was all white cottage style with a roof top terrace! The only downer about this apartment was that its 5 floors up with no elevator! (EEK)… Didn’t seem like such a problem until 3 Mojitos in and things don’t seem as clear as they were anymore…
Well, on the plus side its great to burn off all the great food I ate.
My happy moments:
- If you love brunch with a twist you have to go to ‘Brunch & Cake’ I guarantee you will not regret it!!
- Dusk for some seriously strong YUMMY drinks. I recommend the Mojito and also the Passion fruit Martini – taste like juice which can only mean 1 thing- drink responsibly 🙂
- Blanc @ Mandarin Oriental- The Octopus salad was orgasmic!… so was the Cheesecake & Caramelised Apple Lasagne for desert!!!
- Park Guell- This place is seriously amazing and definitely worth a visit but make sure you bring some comfy shoes coz the hill is on a seriously steep incline!
My TOP places to visit:
- Park Guell – Barcelona is all about Gaudi! He is such a huge influence you got to go and show the man some love.
- Gothic Quarter – taking a walk in this area is beautiful and you can literally get lost with every turn and ally looking just like the last
- Tibidaboo – its a little bit out but for all your adventure seekers its a fun day. Plus being up 512 metres its got quite a view.
- Barceloneta – Theres a sandy beach there but also close to the port there lots of places to eat and bars.
- Santa Maria di Pi / Segrada Familia / – I myself love architecture.
- La Boqueria Market – Here you will just find everything! I normally like to rent an apartment when I travel purely because I personally like to buy cook at cook at home. When I travel the first thing I look for is …. BIO SUPERMARKETS! lol
Warm Octopus salad at Blanc at The Mandarin Oriental
Cheese Cake, Apple Lasagne. YUM
Puffo and coconut ice cream. Double YUM
The most amazing brunch!!
This is quite an old post and images were taken with my iPhone with my Hipstamantic app.
Its been years since I have been and I think I might plan another visit. Where are your favourite places to visit? Where are your favourite places to eat?